Monday, September 24, 2007

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Protests, Bush, Hypocrisy- A look into the mirror

I was happy when I heard Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran was going to Columbia University for the World Leaders forum. I personally do not know the guy, so I decline to call him the names that my fellow Americans believe so vehemently.

I watched the news with interest as to what our media was going to do to this event, and in true idiot fashion they did not let me down. We decided to start it off with a grilling on 60 minutes The interviewer asked him what he liked about GWB, the Iranian president promptly threw the question back to the reporter, who replied that he liked GWB's sense of religion and Christian belief.

Here was the Presidents reply:

“What religion, please tell me, tells you as a follower of that religion to occupy another country and kill its people, please tell me, does Christianity tell its followers to do that?” Ahmadinejad asked."

Most of the protest and uproar from our country was from those who are Jewish or who are sided with Israel in terms of the conflict in the Middle East. This article clearly outlines some of the discussion about the impact the visit may have on the state of Israel

As you may or may not know the president of Iran questions the truth behind 9/11 and the holocaust, although he does admit that both did in fact happen. We are heating up for war with Iran, as part of the neo-conservative PNAC, as our work in Iraq will be continuing until Americans rise up, or by happenstance we happen to elect someone who will get us the hell out of there.

What I really thought was funny was this coverage the whole weekend. I heard flaming radio idiot Micheal Savage, not deserving of a link, talk about how the visit was cancelled. Liar. Then the coverage of the protests began on Sunday night. However, when the cameras were outside the University, the protesters just "called it a night", but we were reassured by our friends the reporters that the protesters would be back in the morning, and they were.

What is interesting is how quick most Americans are to judge. People hate the middle east because of 9/11 and believe that our government is keeping us safe from terrorism. People who oppose this stupid war an Oil Policy not a terrorist hunt, Greenspan et al have confirmed that, are made to feel like fools by our fellow Americans and are spied on by our own intelligence officers If we protest the war we are idiots, but if we protest another countries president it is ok and encouraged. There are those who do not even think Iran is a global threat, but we [Americans] will go along with what we are told by our friends on the hill and in the media.

However the real kicker is that this is the second year in a row where Ahmadinejad has challenged our president to a world forum debate, and the second year he has refused. I for one would pay up to 75$ to watch the debate between the two presidents on pay-per-view. I am not joking. However, most people know that our president barely gets through the State of the Union Addresses' and press hearings looking credible; let alone an actual debate [not including our sissified presidential debates].

Anyway,

I know I am putting myself out there with this post, but that is my reaction to this news story. I will just sit back and see how this all pans out, as I am in no position to make a difference on this matter.

No comments:

Neave Asteroids