Monday, September 24, 2007

"Make a Difference" Donate Life Straw

I was watching the news this evening and I watched the story about the state of the drinking water in India. I did a little research and found two articles that talk about the growing water crisis and a discussion about water that should belong to the commons. During my research and witnessing of the news I remembered the LifeStraw, a device made by Vestergaard Frandsen that actually filters water as people use the device.

If you have some extra cash, you should look into contacting the Rotary Club of Menorca Spain in the title link.

One criticism of the news article and the problem of drinking water is that the Asia LifeStraw office is in New Dehli India! Why doesn't India embrace a product that has been proven effective to help with its water crisis?

Anyway, the LifeStraw seems like a good little gadget to help drinking water isssues in developing countries.

No comments:

Neave Asteroids