Thursday, May 17, 2007

July 8 begins Ride Transit/Bike/Walk to work week

Thanks to Abandoned Stuff for giving us the heads up on a great effort related to trying to impact the Gas Price Situation. Check out an excerpt from the event being proposed for the Week of July 8 through July 15:

___________________________
“Get out of your cars and enjoy the world!”
From July 8-15, 2007, all around the globe, people are going to try their hardest to get out of their cars for their daily commute, and walk, ride transit, or bike to work for a whole week. A chance for all of them to save gas, produce less traffic and pollution, and enjoy life a little more.
__________________________

Though I do not feel this will have a huge impact on profits of suppliers or significantly reduce the price of gas, the longer duration might help to show the effects of a boycott on gas. I'm also hoping that participants may realize that they can, in fact, find other ways to get to work. But, as I stated in my previous post, the only real way to decrease the price of Gas is to consistently, over time, decrease our use of gas.

Read more about the event on Facebook or at http://www.1337hax0r.com/?p=557

I thought I would present this as a follow up to my post last week on the Gas Out.

No comments:

Neave Asteroids